Monday, July 27, 2009

My Schindler's List.

So God speaks to us, but who else is trying to get our attention?

I was reading from the Bible in Luke 16 about the rich man who died and was in torment. He was so concerned that his brothers wouldn't end up where he was that he pleaded that if someone was sent from the dead, then they would turn from their sins and not end up in his situation.

Many of us think that we will all go to heaven eventhough we have nothing to do with God or His Son Jesus. I guess we hope in "the power of positive thinking" or hope our good deeds will outweigh our bad deeds.

I was really challenged that there are so many people who have died and are in the same place as that rich man and are screaming to get my attention to tell others about Jesus, but I can't hear them.

It reminded me of Liam Neeson's character in "Schindler's List", where he was inconsolable when he thought of the many more Jews he could have saved.

I maybe can't hear the voices of all those people in torment, but I am sure this is God speaking.

Checkout this video that I mentioned a while back.

http://www.juststopandthink.com/movieextras_moviemed.php

No comments:

Post a Comment