Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Seeker sensitive and tolerant?

I wonder whether we try to make the Gospel so "seeker sensitive"

that it loses all it's power?

We try to sugar coat it!

I wonder whether we try to be so "tolerant"

that the Gospel loses all it's power

What did Jesus say?

'I am the way the truth and the life.

No one can come to the Father except through me" John 14:6

What was that?

There is no other way to get to God than through Jesus.

Doesn't sound very tolerant

Sometimes the truth is blunt

Sometimes God is blunt.


“I am placing a stone in Jerusalem that makes people stumble,

a rock that makes them fall.

But anyone who trusts in him

will never be disgraced.” Romans 9:33

“He is the stone that makes people stumble,

the rock that makes them fall.

They stumble because they do not obey God’s word,

and so they meet the fate that was planned for them.1 Peter 2:8

If people aren't initially offended by the Gospel, then is it really the Gospel?

As I've said before, "just a thought"!

No comments:

Post a Comment