Saturday, April 17, 2010

What's going on with the world?

What's going on with the world?

It's been a while since I wrote on my blog

Only do it if the Lord gives me something to say

You certainly don't want to hear from me.

My son wrote this on his facebook profile

Does anyone else get the feeling that the world is falling apart?

Over the last few months I've been wondering what's going on too

Since the beginning of the year

12th January a magnitude 7.0 earthquake in Haiti

27th February a magnitude 8.8 earthquake in Chile

14th April a magnitude 6.9 earthquake in China

With all the tragic loss of life

This week a volcano erupts in Iceland

Air flight across the Atlantic and across Europe grinds to a halt

Makes you think

Later, Jesus sat on the Mount of Olives. His disciples came to him privately and said, “Tell us, when will all this happen? What sign will signal your return and the end of the world?”

Jesus told them, “Don’t let anyone mislead you, for many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Messiah.’ They will deceive many.

And you will hear of wars and threats of wars, but don’t panic. Yes, these things must take place, but the end won’t follow immediately.

Nation will go to war against nation, and kingdom against kingdom.

There will be famines and earthquakes in many parts of the world.

But all this is only the first of the birth pains, with more to come.

Matthew 24

I'm not going to get into a discussion as to whether we are approaching the end times and the return of Christ because no one knows

But it makes me think

What about you?

Watch this
www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRi4VwcrYmA

No comments:

Post a Comment